William J. Kolomyjec, PhD, MFA, BFA
Graphic, Web, Interactive Media Designer, E-Learning Expert and Educator. Experience includes: Corporate graphic design, production and project management; Learning architect, E-Learning theory and design and E-Learning content production; Technology Evangelist, Product Marketing Manager for 3D rendering products and Edutainment Designer; Tenured Associate Professor of Design with experience in curriculum program design, classroom teaching and research.
PhD, Higher Education and Administration, College of Education, Michigan State University.
East Lansing, MI. 1981
MFA, Graphic Design, School of Art, Michigan State University. East Lansing, MI. 1975
BFA, Industrial Design, School of Art, Michigan State University. East Lansing, MI. 1969
Visiting Scholar (post-Doctorate), Graduate School of Education, University of California at Berkeley. Berkeley, CA. 1997.
St Petersburg College, Saint Petersburg, FL
SPC is a state college in Pinellas County, Florida. It is part of the Florida College System, and is one of the institutions in the system designated a "state college", as it offers a greater number of four-year bachelor's degrees than traditional two-year community colleges. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and enrolls about 65,000 students annually.
Serving Pinellas County since 1985, SPC’s Corporate Training offers a wide variety of individual and business related courses. Positioned as a strategic partner for both large and small corporations this versatile department has four main areas of focus, Technology, Professional Development, Licensed Professions, and Business Solutions.
Adjunct Faculty, Department of Humanities/ Fine Art/ Digital Design
Academic Instruction, Interaction Design (DIG2500/2502C) and Exploration of Media Tools (DIG1004C)
Professional Trainer, Work Force Institute, Corporate Training (CT)
Instructor Lead Training (ILT) courses on demand. Subjects include: HTML5/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite Products, Adobe Acrobat and MicroSoft Office products.
ART INSTITUTE OF TAMPA, Tampa, FL
Established in 2004, The Art Institute of Tampa is a branch campus of Miami International University of Art & Design. Both campuses are part of The Art Institutes, a system of more than 40 education institutions located across North America. The Art Institutes system has provided career-oriented education programs in design, media arts, fashion and culinary for more than 30 years.
Adjunct Faculty, Graphics and Web Design
Academic Instruction, Web and Interactive Design: E-Learning Design (IM3204) and E-Learning Applications (IM4111). Recently Web Design and Interactive Media courses including: Programming Logic Design (IM1301), Introduction to Scripting(IM1403), Introduction to User-centered Design(IM2106), Introduction and Intermediate Authoring (IM2304 and 2305), Motion Graphics Scripting (IM3207), Interactive Motion Graphics Scripting (IM3208).
ACCENTURE, Saint Charles, IL
A global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company with 180,000 employees serving clients in 120 countries.
Graphics Senior Designer, Accenture Learning (2003-2009)
Led projects and supervised other graphics artists in the design and production of the visual components for learning products and other marketing collateral and display materials.
- As lead graphic designer on a large ($5 Million) external client, established and managed a media request management system through which all graphics requests were filtered which streamlined the graphic deliverable process.
- Designed numerous web-based training products using a variety of web architectures, worked from scripts written by Instructional Designers and Subject Matter Experts to create web graphics, assured finished products had visual appeal, were brand compliant and meet functional requirements.
- Produced several brochures of complex design, consisting of workflow diagrams, illustrations and body text formatted in a consistent style which were distributed to over 25,000 senior executives and managers.
- Insured corporate brand standards, by applying brand guidelines to web and print materials including event signage and training materials.
- Created interaction graphics from scratch or by modifying existing templates including: step-through animation, click-and-reveal, drag-and-drop, conversation, expert panel and a variety of assessment interactions which made web-based training products dynamic.
Manager, Andersen Consulting, Multi-media Learning Services (1998-2002)
Contributed to the visual design and usability of learning products and learning management systems.
- Designed the user interface and contributed to the usability design of an innovative enterprise learning management system which was employed internally and became the model of a successful product offering.
- Contributed to the design of several large CD-ROM multi-media training products, including: redesigned cumbersome interfaces, improved content flow and screen layouts and created interaction gadgets which increased user satisfaction.
PIXAR ANIMATION STUDIOS, Emeryville, CA.
Pixar Animation Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. The company has won 21 Academy Awards® and its nine films have grossed over US$4.8 Billion at box offices worldwide.
Marketing Manager/Education Specialist for Pixar Interactive
- Contributed to the design of successful Pixar Interactive “edutainment” products (Toy Story Animated storybook and Toy Story Activity Center educational CD-ROMs) by doing market research, focus groups and developing age appropriate games.
International Marketing Manager
- Established an international distribution network for Pixar application products consisting of approximately 30 dealers in 15 countries which resulted in approximately 15% of shrink-wrapped product sales for the company.
Marketing Manager /RenderMan™ Evangelist
- Promoted RenderMan™ photorealistic rendering and special effects software as an emerging computer graphics technology to prospective OEM clients, third party vendors and presented at a variety of marketing venues.
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
A comprehensive teaching and research institution with a student enrollment over 25,000.
Associate Professor of Design, Department of Design, School of Art, College of Visual and Performing Arts.
- Created a new program called Electronic Media within a traditional Design Department which grew to over eighty students in four years.
- Created new courses and modified existing courses and shepherded them through curriculum committees, subjects included: media graphic design, computer animation, computer programming for artist’s, media synthesis and electronic media senior portfolio review.
- Built a cadre of electronic media faculty by hiring new instructors and repurposing existing faculty.
- Exhibited algorithmic art as a new aesthetic genre at faculty shows.
- Published and presented papers on electronic media subjects as varied as: Making Art on Small Computers, Designing Electronic Media Laboratories for Schools of Art, Electronic Media Design Education, Smart Art, Algorithmic and Process Art and Desktop Photorealism.
- Promoted to Associate Professor with tenure in four years.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver etc.)
- Microsoft Office Product Suite (Word, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Excel)
- Java Programming and Android Development